The 15-year-old juvenile suspect in a fatal shooting that occurred in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day in Gloucester County faces additional charges following last Thursday’s detention hearing at Gloucester County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
The charges are as follows: second-degree murder, aggravated malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and two counts of shooting, stabbing, etc., with intent to maim, kill, etc.
At the conclusion of the hearing, the suspect was ordered to remain detained at the Merrimac Center pending further court proceedings. The next time the suspect is scheduled to appear in court is March 22. Commonwealth’s Attorney John Dusewicz said that he expects this to be a detention/transfer hearing for the suspect.
Previously, Dusewicz had said he plans to file petitions with the court to have the 15-year-old suspect tried as an adult.
This remains an active investigation. If you have any knowledge about this i...
To view the rest of this article, you must log in. If you do not have an account with us, please subscribe here.