Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire destroys Cobbs Creek home

The Mathews Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire late Monday night on Iron Point Lane in Cobbs Creek.

According to Chief Steve Ray of MVFD, the accidental fire at the home of Mac and Gay Butler started on the front porch while the couple was sleeping. Mac Butler suffered third-degree burns on his left foot and was airlifted to Norfolk General Hospital.

The fire was under control by one o’clock Tuesday morning, but firefighters had to return hours later due to rekindling. The fire was completely out by 7 a.m. Tuesday. MVFD was assisted by fire departments from Gloucester and Hartfield.

On Tuesday morning, Reed Butler, the Butlers’ son, said that his father was “awake and alive.”

To view the rest of this article, you must log in. If you do not have an account with us, please subscribe here.

where can i buy clomid buy clomid