Fire kindled in a piece of floor trim caused $5,000 to $10,000 in fire, smoke, and water damages to a home in the 2400 block of New Point Comfort Highway in Port Haywood last Thursday night.
Fire Chief Todd Wilson said wood trim that was installed up against the masonry of a fireplace caught on fire and spread into the flooring around the fireplace. Part of the floor had to be cut out to extinguish the fire, he said, but damages were contained to that area.
The call came in at 8:31 p.m. and there were personnel on the scene by 8:34 p.m., said Wilson. Around 16 people responded to the call with four engines and one truck.
To view the rest of this article, you must log in. If you do not have an account with us, please subscribe here.