Press "Enter" to skip to content

Clay Bank resident injured following fire

A Clay Bank resident was sent to the hospital on June 1 for smoke inhalation following a fire at a residence on Weaver Lane.

Trey Rilee, assistant chief with Gloucester Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc., said the fire was contained to two or three rooms and caused about $50,000 in damage.

He said the fire appeared to have been electrical in nature, and likely occurred as a result of Friday’s thunderstorms that moved through the area.

To view the rest of this article, you must log in. If you do not have an account with us, please subscribe here.