Letter: A proposal for amending the Constitution
It’s time for Americans to wake up and demand that the Constitution of this great country be reaffirmed and amended.
1. The United States of America was founded on Judeo Christian principles with an acknowledgement of God. As such God is an integral part of the fabric of the United States of America. Furthermore The United States shall never create a national religion and is tolerant and welcomes all religions and those who practice those religions, except for any religion that advocates the destruction of another religion and its people. Such religions will not be tolerated and are not welcome.
2. Section 8 Paragraph 3 of the Constitution is amended and the words “and among the several states,” eliminated.
3. All bills passed by the House of Representatives or the Senate shall be voted upon by the other body in no less than 90 days after receipt. Failure to do so shall result in automatic passage by that body and forwarding to the president for signature or veto.
4. All laws enacted by the United States shall apply to all bodies of the federal government and its members as well as the citizens of the country.
5. All regulation issued as a result of any law passed by the government shall be voted on by the House of Representatives and if approved reviewed by the Supreme Court for constitutionality prior to issuance and implementation.
6. No cabinet member, agency head, member of or body of Congress, nor the president shall have the authority to modify or change or not enforce any law enacted by the United States of America.
Charles K. Klein