Godspeed visit

- Posted on May 01, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Photo:
The Godspeed, a replica of one of the three ships that brought the first permanent English colonists to Virginia in 1607, paid a visit to Mathews last weekend, stopping off at Williams Wharf. The vessel was open to student groups and the public. The Mathews Land Conservancy held an exhibit, "When We Belonged to England" to accompany the visit. Above, MLC member Pam Muffelman talks to Lee-Jackson Elementary students about the exhibit. Below, the youngsters are welcomed aboard the Godspeed by Whit Perry. Photos by Charlie Koenig
Photo: