Clay Bank resident injured following fire

- Posted on Jun 13, 2012 - 02:17 PM

A Clay Bank resident was sent to the hospital on June 1 for smoke inhalation following a fire at a residence on Weaver Lane.

Trey Rilee, assistant chief with Gloucester Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc., said the fire was contained to two or three rooms and caused about $50,000 in damage.

He said the fire appeared to have been electrical in nature, and likely occurred as a result of Friday’s thunderstorms that moved through the area.