Structure fire

- Posted on Apr 27, 2011 - 03:48 PM

Photo:
Members of the Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department responded to this structure fire at 11881 Salem Church Road last Wednesday night around 8:30. The home is owned by Firth Smith of White Stone, but was being rented at the time of the blaze. Two occupants were home at the time, and able to escape before the fire spread, according to fire chief J.D. Clements. When firefighters arrived on scene, they reported heavy fire coming from the back side of the doublewide mobile home. Clements said the origin of the fire looked to be near the electrical meter, where a generator was hooked up providing electricity to the home. Firefighters were able to salvage most personal belongings, but because of its age and the damage, the structure was considered a total loss. The Red Cross was dispatched to provide assistance to the family. Clements said 27 personnel responded to the fire and nine pieces of equipment. Photo courtesy of Richard Kramer / GVFRD